October 08, 2012

Florida Man Drops Dead Minutes After Winning Roach Eating Contest

Eddie Archbold MySpace

Deerfield Beach, Fla. (The Weekly Vice) - Edward Archbold, a 32-year-old Florida man died suddenly on Friday after winning a roach eating contest at a local pet store.

According to police, Archbold became ill and collapse on the scene shortly after winning a contest that involved eating live roaches and other bugs during a promotional contest being held at Ben Seigel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach.

Investigators say Archbold consumed dozens of roaches to win the contest, but began regurgitating shortly afterwards. He then collapsed to the ground in front of the store before other contestants and spectators.

Archbold was rushed to Broward Health North hospital where he was pronounced dead. The Broward County Medical Examiner's Office is awaiting the results of an autopsy to determine the official cause of death.

Contestants were given four minutes to consume as many roaches and various other insects as possible. Various prizes were awarded - depending on the amount of insects the contestant consumed.

Archbold reportedly won an $850 ball python which the store has vowed to hold for Archbold's estate. Archbold had reportedly intended to sell the snake to a friend who brought him to the contest.

The mugshot above is from Archbold's arrest in 2004 for a charge of indecent exposure in Monroe County.

Danny Vice
The Weekly Vice


Join The Discussion. Click Comment Link Below And Fire Away Ready For More Seriously Messed Up News? Join Us On Facebook!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...