November 25, 2010
Jacksonville, Florida (The Weekly Vice) - Dana Anderson, a 30-year-old Florida woman was jailed Monday after a 2-year-old boy in her care overdosed on Methadone which was found in the child's sippy cup.
According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, deputies began an investigation after a 2-year-old boy arrived at the hospital and died as a result of an apparent Methadone overdose.
An autopsy later confirmed that Methadone toxicity was the cause of death, and the medical examiner ruled the death a homicide.
Investigators say Anderson admitted to leaving a purple sippy cup filled with 80 mg of Methadone on the dresser of her bedroom. Although Anderson is not the child's mother, she reportedly raised the boy beginning when he was 3 months old.
"I know she loved my son and she wouldn't do anything like that," said the boy's father Ernest Wright. "She just wasn't thinking.
Anderson was booked into jail on aggravated manslaughter charges.
The Weekly Vice
Join The Discussion. Click Comment Link Below And Fire Away
Ready For More Seriously Messed Up News? Join Us On Facebook!
Posted by Danny Vice at 8:12:00 PM
Dana Anderson - Jailed After Toddler Drank From The Sippy Cup Of Death